Sunday, August 17, 2014

gone fishing

I wandered around an open air antique market looking for something unique and ouside the boundary of my traditional purchases, something sentimental... and then I happened upon this small box of flies.


I have no idea if they are new or old, I just really like the colors.


What to do with them...



Not sure, but for now I will just keep them in this little box, in my small cabinet of drawers and imagine the lakes and streams they may have visited.


This one tucked inside this small dome makes me think of my dad, an avid fisherman.  Where has this fly been? 


What color!  They are just as artistic as they are productive.. though I cannot recall an insect quite this attractive.


Back in the drawer they go, tucked away safely, waiting for a second life somewhere in an artistic piece, or maybe just to be pulled out once and awhile and thought given to what I could do with them and then tucked back away.  But truly, they are just so pretty on their own~

xokelly

No comments:

Post a Comment